This is a changelog of work done, features added, and bugs fixed.
- Per-user language support.
- Collected info about borrowed, loaned, and pending items onto a single
Your Status page.
- Added a Lost Password utility.
- Added "advanced" feature allowing users to edit their longitude and latitude, if they know them.
- Added tools for the website administrator.
- Added a favicon.
- Distance information added to many pages.
- Many miscellaneous fixes and touchups.
- Added full language templating support.
- Software is distributed with French and German translations.
- Added 'Remember Me' login feature.
- ISBN lookups retrieve editor reviews.
- Reading Lists now maintain order.
- Added Reading Lists.
- Common interests are now displayed in bold.
- Improved interest searching.
- Added the Laserdisc media type.
- Added EAN lookups as well as ISBN lookups.
- MapQuest changed their page so I couldn't hack longitude/lattitude coordinates out of it, so now I do it through
MSN. Anyway, the "Nearby Users" feature should be working again now.
- Obfuscated user email addresses to prevent spambots from harvesting them.
- Fixed a bug that had corrupted the item status of everything in the library, and hopefully restored everything to its correct state. Sorry.
- Added additional profile info like webpage, AIM SN, ICQ #, MSN SN, etc. Update your profiles again...
- Added 'medium' column to new videos page.
- Slight DB schema reorg.
- Added user bios and interest lists. Update your profiles...
- Recalculate geo-lookups when address is changed.
- Misc hackery...
- Fixed geolocate script that was broken due to perl include path ridiculousness.
- Removed the "user" column from the item tables on the "user info" page.
- Translate \n to <br> when displaying user reviews.
- Added "extend loan" feature.
- Kicked off reminder scripts that notify borrowers when they're overdue.
- Added explicit support for videos.
- Fixed bug where ISBN filter strips valid non-numerics.
- Added "Nearby Users" feature.
- Added subscription information for mailing lists on contact page.
- Added ISBN# lookup functionality.
- Added ISBN DB column.
- Made error fonts a CSS style.
- Switched 'Science Fiction' to 'Sci-Fi'
- Reflect DB limit on usernames/passwords in account creation form.
- Upgraded to PHP4
- Fixed broken "approval" link in email.
- Specify wrap=virtual on all TextAreas for browsers with a different default.
- Fixed pages without footers that didn't display on Netscape 4.x.
- Gave up on the "li" without "ul" tag hack and switched to images for non-indented bullets.
- Properly URL-encode title queries.
- Added Humor, Business, Sociology, and Mathematics sections.
- Fixed bug where username was not case-insensitive in all places.
- Added specific apartment number column in DB.
- Switched style for search result headers again.
- Added mouse-over review popups on title links in search results.
- Added better search functionality: ability to specify author only, title only, and search reviews.
- Changed background color for search result header.
- Added "books loaned" link in addition to existing "books borrowed" link.
- Added this "site news" section.